Join Jamie Campbell and Olivia Lewis from Smeal’s Office of Diversity Enhancement Programs as they share tips and strategies to make our classes more inclusive for Smeal’s diverse student body. We will discuss 5 specific things everyone can do to promote a feeling of belonging in our classrooms.
- Displaying your pronouns on Zoom (Please note that you are asked in every meeting whether or not you want to share your pronouns, so you can choose when/whether to share).
- Adding your pronouns in Canvas
GENERAL RESOURCES AND TOOLS THAT FOSTER DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION :
- Link to Inclusive Practices infographic
- Flipgrid: Could be used to ask students to record themselves pronouncing their names or sharing introductory videos.
- 2 Words To Foster Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion: Video that talks about the power of two little words: “for me” and “for you” in acknowledging others’ experiences
PHOTO RESOURCES THAT FOSTER DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: