Description: A global issue with YouTube’s integration with Microsoft Office is currently preventing links to YouTube videos from Microsoft Office applications (such as Word and Powerpoint) from playing as expected in Smeal and General Purpose classroom podium computers using any browser. When attempting to visit YouTube links from MS Office applications users are instead redirected to a message stating “Your browsers is up to date” and are unable to play the video.
There are several options to circumvent this redirect:
- Manually copy links from MS Office applications and paste them into browser windows.
- Add YouTube video links to Kaltura Media Space, then paste those links into MS Office applications.
- Edit the YouTube video link as follows:
- Copy the YouTube video URL from the browser’s address window (for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgyG0qHoAw)
- Remove “?v=” and add a “/” after “watch”
- Paste the new URL into your MS Office application (https://www.youtube.com/watch/MhgyG0qHoAw)